Email stories to mallorymeacham@gmail.com



Mail stories to 1670 Cherokee Drive Pleasant Grove UT 84062



***If you have an idea or know someone that is in need of help in anyway please contact me!!













Friday, December 10, 2010

#14 Start a Service Tradition this Year!!!

Hey Mallory!  I got a link from your mom's post on FB and thought I'd share what I've done, thus far, this holiday season.  I had bought oodles of  formula early-on in Calvin's life (he's a year now) and when he turned one, I still had 9 of the large cans left so I donated them to the food bank.  I'm not sure if they have a need for that there or if they were able to get it to a place that could use it.  I will say that my little Mason is a giver too.  He was born the day before Thanksgiving 5 years ago and on his second birthday, it got me thinking.  Why not raise him to be thankful for the SO VERY MUCH he has?  So, for his third birthday, my sisters, mom and I made fleece baby blankets and they've been donated to a crisis center.  Last year, for his fourth birthday, Mason and his friends donated enough food for the food bank to fill the trunk of my car.  This year, he has agreed to take some of his very own money and donate food including a frozen turkey.  This comes after the knowledge that the needs of the food bank this year are 35% higher than last year.  I'm hoping his little acts of service and kindness go a long way both in his life and in the life/lives of those his actions have affected.  If nothing else, it has gotten me more service-oriented.  I'm loving your 100 days of service idea!  I hope it catches on and lasts year after year.
Annie Snow
Thanks Annie for your story and for being an example to your sons!! Starting a tradition is a great idea to keep the service going! Every little bit counts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment