Email stories to mallorymeacham@gmail.com



Mail stories to 1670 Cherokee Drive Pleasant Grove UT 84062



***If you have an idea or know someone that is in need of help in anyway please contact me!!













Friday, December 24, 2010

make a sad child HAPPY

#66 - #70
I was inspired this year by your wish for 100 acts of service, so I was determined to do my part. I challenged myself to serve a family member, a friend and a stranger. I don't want to give too many details because a lot was done anonymously, however, I will share that service not only changes the lives of others, it has changed me for the better. I'm happy to report that with the help of others, I was able to reach my service goal!  My two children got involved and donated teddy bears to abused children. My 8 year old son was happy to give, that is his nature. My 5 year old little girl...not so much! She would pick up each teddy bear and with tears in her eyes tell me the bears name and who gave them to her. I didn't want to guilt her into giving, so I just told her it was her choice and she didn't have to if she didn't want to. An hour later, she walked in with a teddy bear "fuzzy" and said I want to make a sad child happy! After we dropped off our bears, she said, "Mommy, I made a good choice, I have a warm feeling in my tummy!" Something as small as giving a teddy bear will make a sad child happy and my daughter recognized the spirit of giving.
Thanks Mallory for being such a beautiful person inside and out! Merry Christmas doll!
Love,
Bree Stanclift and Family
Thanks Bree!!! You helped me with sooo much! I appreciate you and everything you did! Thanks for your support and for sharing my wish with everyone!! Love you! Merry Christmas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment