Email stories to mallorymeacham@gmail.com



Mail stories to 1670 Cherokee Drive Pleasant Grove UT 84062



***If you have an idea or know someone that is in need of help in anyway please contact me!!













Friday, December 10, 2010

The ripple effect

#18
This is a story that happened to me and the girls last year for Christmas.
I was a single mother of 3 girls that was struggling to pay rent from month to month. We had be notified via email that there was a family that heard about us and wanted to provide Christmas for the girls. They asked for sizes and what the girls would like then arranged with me through email to drop everything off with wrapping paper so I could check everything out and wrap it myself. They were so much help because I honestly had NO extra money for gifts and they really needed clothes. They made it happen for my girls last year. We felt so blessed.
Then on Christmas day after we had finished unwrapping the gifts the doorbell rang and we ran to the door. There was a big basket of treats for each of the girls and a Christmas dvd for each of them and an envelope with my name on it. It was full of cash...I immediately started balling, not crying but balling because I still hadn't paid rent for the month. I had enough now to finish off the rent and catch up on all of my bills. My kids saw and felt that OUR family had received a true Christmas miracle.
We will never forget that Christmas.

To make this Christmas even better, we had planned with some family friends to put together 10 huge bags of food and warm clothes and hygiene needs for homeless people. We had all of the children help pack up the bags. 5 for men and 5 for women. We then all drove down to the homeless shelter in salt lake and passed out these bags and coats and told them to please share with each other. They were so thankful. Some cried, some ran but our children were able to "pass it on" and they felt so happy to see that they had helped someone else like we had been helped on that same day.

We now try to help somebody somehow to have a Christmas miracle and we love doing it.
 Brynn




Thanks Brynnley and GIRLS!!!! What an amazing effect serving someone can have! It creates a rippling effect and more and more people begin to Pay it Forward becasue of these acts of kindness! Thanks for keeping the love and servicing going! And for realizing that it is a Miracle to receive as well as to GIVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment