Email stories to mallorymeacham@gmail.com



Mail stories to 1670 Cherokee Drive Pleasant Grove UT 84062



***If you have an idea or know someone that is in need of help in anyway please contact me!!













Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Be Kind

Here are stories #11 and #12

About two weeks ago, I was delivering a package to a house in Lindon. It is a house I deliver to about once a week. It is always the same day each week, and it is always prescription medication. Since it is medication, a signature is required. I've gotten to know the lady rather well, as we would chat for a minute or two as she signs for the package. In talking with her, I had discovered that she was recovering from cancer and the medication I delivered was for it. I could always tell that she was feeling and looking a little weak. She always had two dogs that would come to door and she would always try to hold them back when I'd come. One day while delivering her weekly package, one of her dogs snuck by her and raced out the door. She became very distraught since the dog was an 'inside' dog. I told her not to worry, that I would get 'Cash' back. Little did I know that 'Cash' was a track star because by the time I turned to corral the dog, Cash was about three houses away and not showing signs of slowing down. Long story short, after about twenty minutes and two and a half blocks later, Cash had finally had enough fun, and ran up to me, and I picked him up and walked back to my customers house. It left me with such a good feeling to know that I was able to help out. I have a pretty good feeling that she was in no physical condition to chase down Cash, and when I brought him back she told me that Cash was her favorite, but not to tell her other dog, or husband. haha

Another opportunity to offer some service happened to me just this last week at work. Once again, I was delivering in Pleasant Grove and I was stopped in front of a business, dropped off some packages and when I came back to my truck, there was an elderly couple in a Buick that had pulled up next to my truck. The elderly gentleman clearly did not want to stop, but I'm sure at the urging of his wife he rolled down his window and asked if I knew where a certain business was, they'd been driving around trying to find it for the last 10 minutes without any luck when they saw a FedEx truck and figured if anyone knew where it was, the FedEx guy should... Well, luckily, I was familiar with the business they were looking for and unfortunately for them they were about a 15 minute drive away. It didn't take more than trying to explain the first couple directions when I saw the perplexed look on both of their faces. So, instead of trying to explain it to them, that I would have them just follow me to it as I drove there in my FedEx truck. Even though it was well out of my delivery area and took about 40 minutes round trip, they got to where they were wanting to go, and even though I lost those 40 minutes to deliver packages, all my remaining customers still received all of their packages on time. Once again, it was a great feeling to know that I was able to help them out.




"Be kind.
Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."  






Thanks Adam for your stories and for serving daily!!! Its those day to day acts that have a rippling effect on others. Spread Kindness this Christmas season and all through out the year!!! Thanks Adam!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment